Menu

Deal Opportunities.co.uk

the UK marketplace for company sales

Digital products for the Shopify platform

Reference
S11765
Turnover
£2m to £5m
Sector(s)
Miscellaneous, Service industries, Technology
Region(s)
UK Wide
Added
25 June 2024

Business description

The company specialises in the development of digital products for the Shopify platform, focusing on the sale of themes and apps that are designed to enhance user experiences and increase average order values.

As a long-standing partner of Shopify, the company is established as a trusted provider of high-quality products. To date, over 43,000 of its themes have been sold, with circa 5,500 clients actively using its app, which continues to provide a dependable stream of monthly revenue.
The company has experienced largely consistent growth since its foundation, with the IP in place to support further expansion over the coming years. As such, the owner is offering the business for sale to accelerate its growth, presenting an exciting opportunity for a buyer with experience within the enterprise market who can ensure that the business achieves its full potential.

Highlights

  • The company offers several versatile and intuitive themes for the Shopify
    platform, with its recently launched development system poised to significantly reduce development times for future themes. 
  • Themes account for 54% of turnover, with the company’s app providing the remaining 46%; however, sales generated by the app are rising rapidly and are anticipated to exceed theme sales in the near future. 
  • The company’s app provides enhanced customisation options for users, benefitting from an efficient, user-friendly interface. The app has been proven to increase average order values for its clients. 
  • All themes, apps and tools have been developed by the company’s in-house team, with the business retaining all IP. 
  • Benefits from a highly experienced workforce, which possesses extensive industry expertise and is able to dependably manage day-to-day operations on a largely independent basis.

Financials

Turnover (£'000) Adjusted EBITDA (£'000)
2020 (Actual) 1,225 534
2021 (Actual) 1,809 683
2022 (Actual) 2,508 1,007
2023 (Actual) 1,917 383
2024 (Forecast) 2,180 1,299
  • Turnover is on course to reach circa £2.2 million in YE24, with an adjusted
    EBITDA of £1.3 million. 
  • Operates with a lean and efficient structure, with investment in cutting-edge solutions enabling the business to maximise profitability. 
  • The company’s premier app dependably generates recurring monthly revenue in excess of $100,000. 
  • Profitability in YE23 was impacted by increased expenditure on staffing and development; however, the business has now returned to its prior growth trajectory, with the systems in place to support further expansion. 
  • Turnover and adjusted EBITDA are anticipated to rise year-on-year for the foreseeable future, reaching £5.6 million and £4.3 million, respectively, by YE26. 
  • Maintains strong gross profit and adjusted EBITDA margins, averaging 93% and 35%, respectively, across the last four years.

Contacting the person who posted this opportunity

All opportunities on this website have been posted by advisers, or occasionally by company owners. Deal Opportunities Limited is not acting on any of these opportunities.

All the information available to us for this opportunity is shown above. We do not have any additional information.

Please contact the person responsible for this opportunity in order to request further information, or to express an interest in it.

You are not currently logged in to the site. If you are a regular user, please log in before requesting contact details.

Register Log in now Get their contact details without logging in

Log in

Forgot your password? | Don't have an account? Register here

Please submit your contact details

Once submitted, an automated email will be sent to you giving you the full contact details of the person responsible for this opportunity. This is entirely free of charge.

Your contact details:

Businesses for sale