- £10m to £25m
- Retail & wholesale
- South East England
- 14 October 2019
Well-established and prominent discount retailer, operating from 20 strategically located stores based across South East England.
The company has established a prominent position within its region and is well-known as a reliable provider of quality products, benefitting from a high volume of new and repeat custom on a daily basis.
At present, the company offers over 7,000 products, and is committed to delivering services that meet the needs of its local communities, endeavouring to provide the highest possible standard of service at all times.
Our clients are offering the company for sale as they are reviewing their strategic options and believe that a new owner could accelerate further growth of the business.
- Welcomes over 22,000 customers into its stores on a daily basis and has earned an excellent reputation within its market, with a multitude of excellent reviews.
- Offers an extensive range of high-quality products from leading brands and
independent manufacturers, including food, toiletries and homeware.
- Each store is led by an on-site Store Manager, who oversees all operations for
their specific store and reports directly back to the company’s head office, which
undertakes all administrative and distribution works.
- Strong management structure in place, possessing the skills and expertise
required to manage operations on an ongoing basis.
- In addition to its stores, the company utilises a central, 50,000 sq ft management
and distribution facility in South East England.
- Significant scope for further geographic expansion across the UK.
||Adjusted EBITDA (£'000)
- Achieved turnover in excess of £17.9 million in YE18.
- On course to generate turnover of £19.6 million in YE19, with this being
projected to rise to £22.5 million by YE21.
- Strong gross profit margins, averaging 35% across the last three years.
- Holds assets valued in excess of £600k and maintains a consistently high
level of stock at all times. At present, the company’s stockholding is valued
at £1.9 million.
- No long-term, interest-bearing debt.